WordPress Form Builder Plugin
Formidable Forms is a flexible and free WordPress form plugin. Easily create contact forms, polls and surveys, or lead generation forms. Start with pre-built form templates or create totally custom forms. From the smallest sidebar opt-in form to large job application forms, Formidable Forms is built to do it all.
Create professional contact forms without any code. Use the built-in visual styler to instantly customize the look and feel of your forms. Additionally, changing the form layout is simple with included layout classes. If you need more advanced customizations, you have complete access to edit the form HTML and CSS.
- Create unlimited forms with all the essential field types: single line text, email, URL, paragraph text, radio, checkbox, dropdown, and reCaptcha.
- Create forms from pre-built templates or add your own. A free contact form template is included.
- Send unlimited email notifications.
- Create a single styling template using the visual form styler.
- View form submissions from the back-end.
- Import and export Formidable forms and templates.
- Send forms to the trash.
- Publish forms with an easy-to-use shortcode UI.
- Customize the formâs success message and submit button text.
- Use our ready-made CSS classes (or your own custom CSS classes) to arrange your fields.
- Create multi-column forms easily.
- Integrate with the one-click reCAPTCHA and Akismet for Spam control.
- Use placeholder default values in form fields that clear when clicked.
- Direct links available for previews and emailing surveys with and without integration with your theme.
- Change the name on the âFormsâ admin menu to anything you would like for white labeling.
- Every submission is saved to your database. Even if an email fails, you wonât lose anything.
Formidable Forms Pro is a premium upgrade that adds multi-page forms, conditional logic, payment integrations and data management. Not only can you collect data, but you can also display it on the front-end of your site. Add the ability to input, display, edit and filter data on the front end without any additional plugins. Formidable Forms is a powerful solution for purchase forms, member directories, user registration, and more.
- Over 30 field types: page breaks, section headings, repeating field groups, file uploads, rich text, number, phone number, date, time, scale, dynamic fields populated from other forms, hidden fields, user ID fields, password, HTML, tags, address, and more.
- Multi-Page forms: Create beautiful paged forms with rootline and progress indicators. Use conditional logic on page breaks for branching forms.
- Conditional logic: show or hide fields in your form based on user selections or the role of the user.
- Email routing: conditionally send multiple email notifications based on values in your form.
- Calculations: create basic and complex calculations, even combine text from multiple fields.
- Styling Templates: Create multiple styling templates and assign them to any of your forms. Need Bootstrap form styling? Weâve got you covered.
- Entry management: Flexibly and powerfully display, edit, and delete entries from anywhere on your site, and specify who has permission to do so.
- Views: unique to Formidable Forms is the core ability to display data in custom format.
- Graphs and stats based on your submitted data.
- Create and edit WordPress posts, pages, and even custom post types from front-end forms.
- Front-end editing: allow users to edit their entries and posts from the front-end of your site.
- Saved Drafts: logged-in users can save form progress and return later.
- Vast add-on library: user registration, form action automation, signature, a form API, and integration with other services like PayPal, Stripe, Authorize.net, MailChimp, Aweber, Highrise, Twilio for SMS, WPML, Polylang, Bootstrap, and Zapier.
- Form permission settings: limit form visibility based on user role.
- Conditionally redirect after submission.
- Prefill or prepopulate forms with user meta.
- Export and import entries with CSV.
- Limit number of entries per user, IP, or cookie.
- Import our pre-built form/view demo templates as a starting point or a final product.
- World Class Support: if you have questions or need guidance on how to set up your application, we are happy to help. Our goal with Formidable Forms is to help you take on bigger projects, earn more clients, and grow your business.
Learn more at Formidable Forms
- Installation Instructions
- Go to your Plugins -> Add New page in your WordPress admin
- Search for ‘Formidable’
- Click the ‘Install Now’ button
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu
- Go to the Formidable menu
- Click the ‘Add New’ button to create a new form
- Insert your forms on a page, post, or widget using a shortcode [formidable id=x], Alternatively use
<?php echo FrmFormsController::show_form(2, $key = '', $title=true, $description=true); ?>in your template
- Q. Why am I not I getting any emails?
A. Try the following steps:
- Double check to make sure your email address is present and correct in the “Emails” tab on the form “Settings” page
- Make sure you are receiving other emails from your site (ie comment notifications, forgot password…)
- Check your SPAM box
- Try a different email address.
- Install WP Mail SMPT or another similar plugin and configure the SMTP settings
- If none of these steps fix the problem, let us know and we’ll try to help you find the bottleneck.
- Q. How do I edit the field name?
A. The field and form names and descriptions are all changed with in-place edit. Just click on the text you would like to change, and it will turn into a text field.