WP Coupons and Deals plugin lets you add coupons, deals to your posts, pages with a simple and beautiful shortcode.
You can create two types of coupon. Coupon and Deal.
The coupon shortcode comes with the functionality to click to copy coupon. That means when users click on the coupon code, the coupon code will be copied to clipboard.
When coupon is copied, a link is opened in a new tab. You can use your affiliate link here. So when users copy the coupon code, your affiliate link is opened in a new tab.
This way you can generate more sales from your coupon codes.
Deal shortcode looks the same as the coupon type. Only difference is instead of coupon code, a button is showed which can say anything you want, like – ‘Get This Deal’, ‘Claim This Deal’.
Also, when users click on this button, nothing is copied. Only your link opens in a new tab.
With both the coupon types, a discount amount/text is shown on the left, so users immediately know what the coupon code/deal is about. Below the discount amount/text coupon type is shown i.e whether it is a coupon code or a deal.
Both coupon code/deal button shows a little tooltip text to make it more attractive. You can set what text is showed here.
Expiration date or text is shown on the right below the coupon code/deal button. If coupon/deal is expired, an expired message is shown. You can show your own text here.
If any coupon/deal doesn’t expire, another text is shown. You can customize that too.
Some Key Features
- Very lightweight, loads fast.
- Responsive and attractive shortcode.
- Insert shortcode directly from the post editor.
- Click to copy functionality.
- Easy to use settings.
- Coupon categories to categorize your coupons.
- Expiration system to show coupon expiration.
How To Use
After you have installed the plugin, you can see ‘Coupons’ with a little scissor on your admin dashboard menu.
Under that section, there are four items – Coupons, Add New Coupon, Coupon Categories, Settings.
- Coupons shows the list of all coupons you have added. The list shows options like Coupon type, Coupon Code, Description, Link, Category, Shortcode, Expires.
- Add New Coupon is where you’ll add new coupons.
- Coupon Categories shows the categories, You can also create categories here.
- Settings contains some general settings you can set.
After you have added a new coupon, you have to insert a shortcode in your posts to show the coupon. You can find the shortcode from the coupons list page. You can copy from there and paste on post editor.
The easiest way is to insert the shortcode from the post editor. When you’re on the post editor, you can see an ‘Add Coupon’ button beside the Add Media button.
Click on that, an window pops up. A list of all your added coupon is showed. There select the coupon code you want to insert, then click on ‘Insert Coupon Shortcode’ button.
Shortcode will be inserted on your post with corresponding ID. Now save your post and you can see your shortcode on your post.
- Coupon is not showing properly. What should I do?
You can try clearing your cache.
- Why there is no expiration message showing?
Most probably you didn’t choose to show it when you created the coupon. If you chose to show expiration and left the date field blank, ‘Doesn’t Expire’ message is shown instead.
- Installation Instructions
This is one way you can install the plugin:
- Download the plugin from WordPress plugin repository and upload all the files from wp-coupons-deals.zip into a folder within the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins ‘ menu in WordPress.
Another way :
- From WordPress dashboard, go to Add New under Plugins section.
- Search for ‘WP Coupons and Deals’
- From search results, click on ‘WP Coupons and Deals’.
- Click on Install button and activate the plugin.