What is strong password security? How to create strong password security?
A strong password is a long enough, random password, or if not, only the person who chooses it can guess it, so that guessing it will take more time than the time that a cracker Password lock is available to guess it.
- Passwords are at least 6 characters long
- Do not set a password with easy-to-guess names like: admin,abc123,123456,abc123456,password,p@$$\/\/0rd...
- Password must contain special characters
- Do not use a proper name or date of birth as a password
- Always change passwords for devices, do not use manufacturer default passwords
- Frequently change password
- Do not share passwords for multiple accounts or devices
- Do not save passwords on internet sites
Examples of weak passwords:
- admin: Too easy to guess
- abc123 OR 123456 OR 123456789,... : Too easy to guess
- Peter OR Anna: Common name
- password: Guessed easily, very often used
- p@$$\/\/0rd : Leet and password with simple characters are pre-programmed in the cracking tools
- qwerty : A succession of characters in many types of keyboards